* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
2016 Board Goals & Priorities Update
On January 23, 2017, the Governing Board met and evaluated the Superintendent. Substantial evidence regarding the progress toward the LUSD Board goals and priorities was presented. After discussion of the evidence, the Board has given the Superintendent a satisfactory evaluation.
The board acknowledges that continued progress is needed and looks forward to accomplishing even more in 2017 - 2018. The board thanks Mr. Rooney for his leadership in Lindsay. See accomplishments by clicking on the image below:
The Board of Trustees meets the second and fourth Mondays of each month (unless a holiday occurs on that particular Monday) in the Board Room at the district office. Open Session begins at 6:00 p.m.
Board agendas are posted for public view at Lindsay Unified School District, 371 E Hermosa, or by clicking here.
If a disability related modification or accommodation is requested, please contact Bobbie Velasquez, Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent at (559) 562-5111, extension 5109.
About School Boards
Board Meeting Calendar
Regular Board meetings are held on the second and fourth Mondays of each month unless there is a holiday or other extenuating circumstance.
2017/18 Board Goals & Priorities
- Continuous Improvement of Learner Achievement through the implementation of the Performance Based System
- Create opportunities for real-life, meaningful learning through cross-curricular and project-based learning designs which allow learners to pursue their interests and experience deeper learning
- Increase the number of learners reading at proficiency on the Developmental Reading Assessment (DRA) or Lexile
- Increase the number of learners demonstrating proficiency in mathematics using an objective measure
- Teach and assess Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) systematically for all learners K-12
- Teach, assess, and give feedback on the Life Long Learning Standards for all learners K-12
- Accelerate language acquisition of English Learners as evident by re-designation statistics
- Full engagement in the LUSD Strategic Design
- Continue and nurture partnerships with all stakeholders
- Expand parent involvement and parent learning opportunities
- Continue to develop the leadership capacity of district staff by deepening the commitment to the Strategic Design and further developing the Performance Based System
- Continue to address the professional development needs of the Classified staff
- Make the Strategic Design more meaningful to the community so that community stakeholders will become committed to advancing the Performance Based System
- Management of District Resources
- Maintain the fiscal integrity of the District through prudent and responsible use of resources
- As appropriate, develop grants to support the District’s goals and needs
- Strategically manage the sustainability and scalability of LUSD resources (programs, facilities, personnel, technology etc.)
Board Approved: February 6, 2017